[CWB] cqpserver charset: Where can I set this variable?

Jörg Knappen j.knappen at mx.uni-saarland.de
Fri Apr 4 15:40:16 CEST 2014

Zitat von Stefan Evert <stefanML at collocations.de>:

> On 4 Apr 2014, at 14:13, Jörg Knappen <j.knappen at mx.uni-saarland.de> wrote:
>
>> Ah ... as I did not state it explicitly: I used the unchanged
>> indexed corpora from
>> cwb-3.0.0. Is a re-indexing of the corpora required?
>
> No, the binary format is fully compatible between 3.0 an 3.4.
>
>> CQi READ WORD   0004      [= 4]
>> CQi RECV BYTE[4]
>> CQi READ CHAR[] 'test'
>> CQi SEND WORD   0102      [= 258]
>> CQi FLUSH
>
> 0x0102 is CQI_STATUS_CONNECT_OK, so things are all right up to this
> point.  What happens afterwards?

Just nothing. The cqpserver stops communicating at this point. The
expected line
from cqpserver-3.0.0

CQi: waiting for command

is missing.

> Can you access your corpus directly with CQP from your 3.4.7 build?

Yes, I can.

cqp -v

The IMS Open Corpus Workbench (CWB)

Copyright (C) 1993-2006 by IMS, University of Stuttgart
Original developer:       Oliver Christ
     with contributions by Bruno Maximilian Schulze
Version 3.0 developed by: Stefan Evert
     with contributions by Arne Fitschen

Copyright (C) 2007-today by the CWB open-source community
     individual contributors are listed in source file AUTHORS

Download and contact: http://cwb.sourceforge.net/

Compiled:  Fr 4. Apr 12:16:32 CEST 2014
Version:   3.4.7

cqp -r /data2/cqpweb/registry -D SPQR
SPQR>  [word="to"];
      3931: m kto da brali . Mnieysza <to> / byle by by▒a w nich Bo
      4667: pospohtym rozumieniem tak <to> vczynt w Twardych TaKrac
      4786: o spmt oszukiwamy . A day <to> / zchysmy redo Turek ( t
      5086: liori iudicio tych kt▒rym <to> nale▒y , po▒o▒y▒ * Roku
      5148: ieden spa▒▒ mia▒ . Ale Ze <to> mimme coriiulcum | * pie
      5203: ▒ tu trzcha oba wia▒ ▒eby <to> z▒o▒enie Cobra miafoprzy
      5822: o w faYnsi▒bru bytor lubo <to> w▒ecey Sztuk na Taler wy
      6408: o , a ▒ o▒wiadcze niem na <to> poftanowioney kary , prz

--Jörg Knappen