[CWB] Problem with cqp

Diana Santos dianamsmpsantos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 16:00:26 CEST 2014

Hi CQP developers,
I hope you'll be able to help me.

Today I got a message I had never got before, and worse still, my (legacy)
cwb corpora on the web stopped working.

It all started with installing/copying to the server a new corpus, and
noticing that the result concordances were extremely little.

I tried to see what happened, and noticed that a command such as this

~/cwb/bin/cqp -F -D CBRAS -f ~/com_cqp -p -L 10 -R 10
>/work/users/dssantos/ola

would give the following cryptic message
cqp: concordance.c:409: remember_this_position: Assertion `position_list'
failed.
Aborted

I have after this installed the new CQP version, and recreated the corpus
with the new version, but it gives exactly the same message.

Do you have any ideas of what can be the problem?
Many thanks in advance,
Diana
P.S. This is the contents of com_cqp (any other query produces the same
problem, anyway):

show -cpos; set LeftKWICDelim "<strong>";
set RightKWICDelim "</strong>";
set ps p;
set c 1 s;
"ontem" ;
exit;

P.S.2 I can send you the corpus off list, if you need.