[CWB] Problem with cqp

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Wed Apr 30 17:57:09 CEST 2014

On 30 Apr 2014, at 16:00, Diana Santos <dianamsmpsantos at gmail.com> wrote:

> would give the following cryptic message
> cqp: concordance.c:409: remember_this_position: Assertion `position_list' failed.
> Aborted

The problem happens when composing the kwic output, but I don't see why it would appear all of a sudden.  My best guess is a buffer overflow somewhere, though this shouldn't be happening any more.

> I have after this installed the new CQP version, and recreated the corpus with the new version, but it gives exactly the same message.

Which version did you install?  CWB 3.4.x from the SVN repository?

> P.S.2 I can send you the corpus off list, if you need.

That would be helpful.  If I can replicate the error, it will be much easier to track it down.