[CWB] CQPweb: v 3.1.0 now usable, I think

Markus Killer markus.killer at uzh.ch
Mon Jan 20 20:24:44 CET 2014

Dear Andrew,
Thanks a lot for the update to v3.1.0. Today, I've successfully installed and configured v3.0.16 on a Xubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit) system. However, I didn't manage to get v3.1.0 (svn rev 497) running. When I try to run the autosetup script, I get the following php notices and a fatal error:$php autosetup.php
PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/cqp-web-beta/lib/defaults.inc.php on line 446
PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in /var/www/cqp-web-beta/lib/defaults.inc.php on line 446
PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function is_admin() on a non-object in /var/www/cqp-web-beta/lib/exiterror.inc.php on line 282
I then went on to try an upgrade from v3.0.16, but the update upgrade-database.php script terminates with the same php fatal error.Best wishes,Markus
[CWB] CQPweb: v 3.1.0 now usable, I thinkHardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk Mon Jan 20 09:19:41 CET 2014Previous message: [CWB] [cwb:bugs] #60 CQPweb : metadata from XML,	primary classification not setNext message: [CWB] CQPweb: v 3.1.0 now usable, I thinkMessages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]Hi all,

My grand re-structuring of almost everything for CQPweb v 3.1.0 is now finished.

There is not much visible difference, but a lot has changed under the bonnet, and this will hopefully make it quicker and easier to implement new features.

If you are an adventurous sort, I think you can now safely upgrade to 3.1.0 (repo commit 497). There are probably bugs; reports very welcome.

If you are less adventurous, you might want to stick with 3.0.16 a bit longer, until the worst problems are dealt with.

Currently 3.1 runs nowhere but on my computer. Later today I hope to upgrade the Lancaster to 3.1, so those of you with accounts on that server can have a look at it later this week to see what has changed.

One big change that you won't see from looking at a server is that I have completely revamped the sysadmin documentation. Previously this consisted of a series of HTML files - the maintenance of which has become increasingly hairy over the past couple of years. Now, I have shifted most of these over into a "CQPweb System Administrator's Manual" written in LaTeX and available within the usual documentation tree on the SourceForge repository. I hope that this new format will (a) make it more maintainable (b) make it easier for others to contribute patches. There are still a couple of HTML files to convert; these will be done as and when I find a moment.

Like the CWB and CQP tutorials, the manual compiles to both PDF and HTML; the PDF is included with CQPweb and is also on the website here:

http://cwb.sourceforge.net/files/CQPwebAdminManual.pdf

Crucially, it has a couple of sections that between them cover the process of upgrading from v 3.0.16 to 3.1.0, which, given all the changes I have made, is non-straightforward.

That's all for now.