[CWB] text metadata table population

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 24 12:15:51 CET 2014

Just going to "view corpus metadata" should not give you that error. You should only see that error when you do something requiring a database table compile (e.g. asking for freq lists to be compiled on the "manage metadata" page.)

The main cause of this MySQL error is: not enough disk space for the temp file needed to compile the database table, whatever it is. So yes, if your corpus is too big, you could get this problem.

I have personally run into this while compiling corpus or subcorpus freq tables, but never anything else, though if you are really low on free space, creation of small tables would trigger it.