[CWB] A formal specification of CQL?

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 16:05:04 CET 2015

We generally call it "CQP Syntax" rather than "Corpus Query Language", although lots of people working on other software have gravitated to the latter.

The code of the parser is written as a Bison grammar, which *is* thus in effect a formal specification!

It's in cqp/parser.y (see also parser.l).

See:

http://sourceforge.net/p/cwb/code/HEAD/tree/cwb/trunk/cqp/parser.y

And to search the list, use

site:devel.sslmit.unibo.it/pipermail/cwb

in a Google search.