[CWB] Multiple constraints on structural attributes

Roland Schäfer roland.schaefer at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 2 10:33:09 CET 2015

I thought it was clear that Ruprecht is trying this:

"this" :: match.chapter_author=".*Kerski" & match.chapter_year="1985"

Which should be equivalent (at least semantically – no idea about
implementation), to the variant with _ in [], shouldn't it?

However, I don't understand the "but this wouldn't be what I want,
because the query is confined to a single token" part of the question. A
constraint on "match" is just a constraint on match[0], and not a
constraint on a sequence. It doesn't keep you from specifying an
arbitrarily complex query for a sequence of tokens before the ::

Best
Roland

On 03/02/2015 10:16 AM, Serge Heiden wrote:
> Your initial query is for a token.
> Can you give a concrete query not only on a token or describe more
> precisely what you want to do?
> Best,
> Serge
>
> Le 02/03/2015 10:07, Ruprecht von Waldenfels a écrit :
>> Thanks - but this wouldn't be what I want, because the query is
>> confined to a single token... I can see this can be made to work on
>> sequences of tokens, but it would be a hack. Is there no other way to
>> do this?
>> Best,
>> Ruprecht
>>
>> Am 02.03.2015 um 10:05 schrieb Serge Heiden:
>>> Did you try : [word="this" & _.chapter_author=".*Kerski" &
>>> _.chapter_year="1985" ]
>>> Best,