[CWB] Problems adding corpus

Fluor Matthias (fluo) fluo at zhaw.ch
Thu Oct 15 09:06:42 CEST 2015

Hello there,

I've encountered some major problems while using / installing CWB:

1. When I install the 3.2.0 release, the table xml_metadata is not getting created
After manually creating it ("copied" from a running instance), while adding a corpus a new problem rose:

2. The link for Adding Metadata from XML is not displayed
I then changed some files to the trunk version - so that is fixed. But then:

3. I cannot change the datatype of the XML-metadata
There is no dropdown field displayed, only "free text" written. I manually changed the code (uncommented a few lines) so that that is displayed. But after that:

4. No Classification metadata gets added, it is only added as "free text" despite the selection in the dropdown field.

I changed a lot of code to the current "trunk" version so that some things work (I cannt check out from SVN due to firewall restrictions). The last Problem now is:

5. While creating CWB frequency table, PHP error arose: (from apache's error_log) "Undefined variable: corpus in freqtable-cwb.inc.php on line 76"

Can you somehow help me / guide me in the right direction? I know these are a lot of issues - but the vanilla 3.2 from sourceforge does not work initially for me, that's why I tried various workarounds.

Best,
Matthias