[CWB] Problems adding corpus

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Oct 15 18:27:24 CEST 2015

Hi Matthias,

a lot of these have been fixed. Please upgrade your code to v3.2.3, try again, and let me know what bugs remain.

In particular,

>>3. I cannot change the datatype of the XML-metadata

That's by design. You will need to change the datatype *of the XML attribute itself* (since in 3.2 XML attributes have datatypes, which before they didn't). Then, the datatype of the XML will be carried across to the text metadata table.

It will all work fine if you specified the right datatype when you indexed the corpus. However, for old corpora, or those indexed on the commandline and then imported, this is obviously a problem, it needs to be possible to change the datatype.

Doing the UI for this is on my list, but first I need to actually implement underlying storage for XML datatypes other than free text!