[CWB] Example of metadata file?

Chao Sun chao.sun at sydney.edu.au
Tue Jan 10 04:33:07 CET 2017

Hello all,

First time poster and also want to try if my subscription works. I do not have any linguistic background, so please be gentle if I am asking silly questions.

I am wondering if any one could provide a comprehensive metadata file example with some brief explanation on how CQPWeb can utilise the information? I am particularly interest in the LinkID part and assuming this could be used for threading different articles in a corpus?

In my example, handed in assignments from various semesters are compiled as a corpus, each assignment is a text file with a unique text_id. Is it possible to give each assignment various linkIDs to show how the student progress through all semesters? For instance, student 201 has four assignments in semester A, B, C, D. If I associate four columns of linkID (A201, B201, C201, D201) on all his four submissions, will I be able to analyse the progress/change in words for this individual student in CQPWeb?

Not sure if this is how the linkID and other metadata are designed for, besides classification and description. Please correct me if this makes non-sense.

Regards,
Chao

Dr CHAO SUN | Data Scientist
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences | The University of Sydney
Rm N302 off Lobby J, Quadrangle A14 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
T +61 2 9351 4240  | F +61 2 9351 5333
E chao.sun at sydney.edu.au<mailto:chao.sun at sydney.edu.au> | W sydney.edu.au<http://sydney.edu.au>
CRICOS 00026A