[CWB] Follow up to CWB Digest, Vol 139, Issue 14: Error #1300 generating word frequency lists

Gerhard Rampl gerhard.rampl at uibk.ac.at
Mon Dec 17 12:13:42 CET 2018

Hi Andrew and everybody,
this is a follow up question to CWB Digest, Vol 139, Issue 14. I am
running into the same Error #1300 when trying to build the frequency
list of a rather large corpus of tweets in CQPweb (corpus indexed
previously with CWB; using CQPweb v 3.2.31). The problem also seem to be
characters that don't fit MySQL's UTF-8 encoding (that seems to be only
a subset of the full UTF-8).
Since I am not a programmer I'd rather not try the solution proposed in
mentioned CWB Digest (seems rather delicate and Andrew wrote he would
fix the problem anyway in one of the next releases). So my question is:
in the meantime is there a way to identify (and replace) the characters
responsible for error #1300 in the vrt-files?
Thanks for any help,
gerhard

-- *
*
*University of Innsbruck*

Institute for Languages and Literatures: Linguistics

*Dr. Gerhard Rampl*