[CWB] Short sentences inconsistent alignment

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Dec 27 13:58:02 CET 2018

The .align file is read as described in man cwb-align.

In brief, cols 1-4 are two pairs of cpos, where the first cpos pair = region in source and the second cpos pair = aligned region in target: so what I'm asking is, are the example sentences you sent with id=73 correctly represented by a line of cpos pairs in the a-attribute?

(You can also use cwb-align-decode to check that what is encoded is the same as what is in  your .align file.)

If the cpos pairs are not correct for that sentence alignment, then the problem is in the generation of the .align file. One point to note is that if you used cwb-align to generate the alignments (??), errors are to be expected for language pairs which share little or no vocab.

Best

Andrew.