[CWB] CQPweb CSS Styles

Thilo Wiertz thilo.wiertz at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 12 13:52:20 CET 2018

Dear all,

I procrastinated a little bit over the CQPweb look. The result is a set of css files to freshen up the main page and corpus views. There are currently four color templates for corpora (blue, green, yellow, red), but since colors are defined as variables at the top of the .css-files it should be very straightforward to create further custom themes.

I haven’t done much testing and got rid of quite a bit of original definitions – so please feel free to report display errors and things that strike you as inconvenient or objectively very ugly :-). Note that given the current condition of the main code (which I didn’t touch) only so much is possible using css. Thus, for instance, it would be great format table columns depending on input (align numbers to the right), but currently almost all tables and fields are of the same class, some with additional html-tag formatting.

I don’t know if other plans to refurbish the UI of CQPweb are already under way, if not I’d be happy to take this Friday afternoon project a little further – provided that there is general interest and Andrew would be happy to do/accept necessary changes to the main code. I am aware of course that this is a little more on the complementary/fun side of things and that functionality takes precedence…

All files, a short description, and some screenshots can be found at https://github.com/retide/cqpweb_css <https://github.com/retide/cqpweb_css>.

Best
Thilo