[CWB] Suggestion: user intervention in constructing an index

David Lukeš david.lukes at ff.cuni.cz
Wed Mar 28 11:58:35 CEST 2018

    No, this is not implemented in Manatee

Not in Manatee (the backend), but it /is/ implemented in Bonito,
(No)SketchEngine’s original web front-end, which is what I think Ciarán
meant :) So it’s like if CQPweb had this behavior.

To be clear, I wouldn’t advocate implicit special behavior for one
specific s-attribute as a reasonable default though, for a general
purpose front-end such as CQPweb. Bonito is really Lexical Computing’s
custom front-end, which only happens to be (partially) open-sourced, and
even there, I think it would have been cleaner to hide the feature
behind some opt-in configuration. Some corpus maintainers might not be
aware of it and try to use |<g/>| for something else, leading to confusion.

D.

​