[CWB] Failure of offline-freqlists.php

Stefan Fischer stefan.fischer at uni-saarland.de
Wed Nov 28 19:17:19 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I would like to import a corpus (300M words) into CQPweb. The corpus is already indexed in CWB and the import into CQPweb worked well. As the corpus is rather large, I ran "php offline-freqlists.php my_corpus" in the terminal. Unfortunately, the script fails after several hours and I get the following error message:

----

cwb-scan-corpus error!
Killed

PHP debugging backtrace
=======================
array(2) {
  [1]=>
  array(4) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(42) "/var/www/html/cqpweb/lib/freqtable.inc.php"
    ["line"]=>
    int(99)
    ["function"]=>
    string(17) "exiterror_general"
    ["args"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      &string(29) "cwb-scan-corpus error!
Killed"
    }
  }
  [2]=>
  array(4) {
    ["file"]=>
    string(46) "/var/www/html/cqpweb/bin/offline-freqlists.php"
    ["line"]=>
    int(136)
    ["function"]=>
    string(22) "corpus_make_freqtables"
    ["args"]=>
    array(1) {
      [0]=>
      &string(10) "test_corpus"
    }
  }
}

----

I have already imported corpora larger than this one. So I guess corpus size is not the issue. What else could cause a failure of cwb-scan-corpus?