[CWB] ERROR: CQP backend startup failed; the reported CQP version [] could not be parsed

Stefan Evert stefanML at collocations.de
Mon Sep 10 16:15:15 CEST 2018

> On 10 Sep 2018, at 13:45, Andrés Chandía <andres at chandia.net> wrote:
>
> I have found a related Issue where you advised me to do next thing:
> You may have to edit config.mk to          SITE=standard  before running the install
> script.

You definitely want to do that (and set PLATFORM to linux-64), but you can also do it on the command-line for each make command, e.g

	make all SITE=standard PLATFORM=linux-64
	make install SITE=standard PLATFORM=linux-64

> llquery.c:43:10: fatal error:
> readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
>
>  #include <readline/readline.h>

That's because you didn't install the required readline library.  Please read the INSTALL instructions carefully and follow them, or use one of the auto-install scripts (also described in INSTALL).

Taking a quick look at the appropriate auto-install script will also help you to figure out exactly which packages you need to install.