[CWB] EncodeBNC can't locate CWB

Aleksandar Trklja aleksandar.trklja at univie.ac.at
Wed Apr 3 21:14:47 CEST 2019

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Yes, the problem was that CWB modules were installed not even in a perl
path but on one of my local folders on the server - it's a university
server.

locate CWB.pm returned the following two paths:
HOME/BLAK/CWB-2.2.102/BLIB/LIB/CWB.PM
HOME/BLAK/CWB-2.2.102/LIB/CWB.PM

I've tried the option of moving the files to one of the folders on my
@INC  listed in the error message. I selected  the folders BLIB and LIB
and moved them to /USR/LIB/X86_64-LINUX-GNU/PERL/5.26/ Was this a
mistake?

I've checked whether the content of the folders was properly moved and
it was:
TRKLJA at TRKLJA:/USR/LIB/X86_64-LINUX-GNU/PERL/5.26/LIB$ LS
CWB  CWB.PM

TRKLJA at TRKLJA:/USR/LIB/X86_64-LINUX-GNU/PERL/5.26/BLIB$ LS
ARCH  BIN  LIB  MAN1  MAN3  SCRIPT

But, EncodeBNC.perl still can't locate CWB.pm in @INC. In fact, LOCATE
CWB.PM  does not show that perl modules are in this new destination and
returns an empty line.

Now, it might be that I didn't move all the relevant files, that I moved
the wrong ones or that I've chosen a wrong destination. My question:
what exactly should I move? Many thanks.

If this doesn't work I'll try with a new installation.

Best
Aleks