[CWB] Corpus installation problem

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 17:43:15 CET 2019

Hi Graham,

This looks like you have run into the bug that others have reported whereby an error in corpus installation configuration causes the whole index data directory to be deleted.

I have never been able to reproduce or track down this bug. Instead I added checks intended to spot the error condition and abort before data can be lost. I don’t know why the system dd not abort before deleting index data in the situation you report.

Can you tell me exactly what version of the code you are running? (Version, or even better, SVN checkout number). Possibly you have a version that precedes these protective checks.

Also, I know you probably don’t have it open in a browser now after allthis time, but the full URL of the screen where you got the “Critical error in installation” message would be useful for diagnosis. Failing that, the database entry for the corpus whose installation caused the problem might shed light (select * from corpus_info where corpus="handle_of_your_corpus";    ).

Thanks