[CWB] query parallel corpus from command line

"Andrés Chandía" andres at chandia.net
Tue Nov 21 14:04:54 CET 2017

actually the "show cd" is
inside init.fl file, and shows No aligned corpora,
while:

 cqp
[no corpus]> BANCTRADDECA_DE;
BANCTRADDECA_DE> show cd;
===Context Descriptor=======================================

left context:     25
characters
right context:    25 characters
corpus position:  shown
target
anchors:   not shown

Positional Attributes:  * word

lemma
                          pos

Structural Attributes:    text

                   text_id              [A]
                          text_lleng_tr
 [A]
                          text_lleng_or        [A]

text_cpr             [A]
                          text_for             [A]

                 text_ftr             [A]
                          text_indexador
[A]
                          text_dif             [A]

text_reg             [A]
                          text_esp             [A]

                 text_tem             [A]
                          text_tipus
[A]
                          text_data_or         [A]

text_data_tr         [A]
                          text_autor           [A]

                 text_traductor       [A]
                          text_titol_or
[A]
                          text_titol_tr        [A]

                          s_id                 [A]

enty
                          contrac
                          contrac_forma
 [A]
                          abr
                          date

Aligned Corpora:          banctraddeca_ca

BANCTRADDECA_DE>

actually at directory /usr/local/share/cwb/
I have this
data ->
/mnt/vmdata/iac/cqp/data
registry -> /mnt/vmdata/iac/cqp/registry

And I
have shortened the registry path at the question, but actually the command says:

cqp -I initcsv.fl -r /mnt/vmdata/iac/cqp/registry/ -D BANCTRADDECA_DE -f search.fl >
results.txt

> On 21 Nov 2017, at 12:44, Andrés Chandía
<andres at chandia.net>
wrote: >  >
cwb-describe-corpus -s BANCTRADDECA_CA

 Weird, the output looks
perfectly fine.  You also said that if you type "show cd" in CQP, it shows "No
aligned corpora", right?   One thing I just noticed is that the command line you gave in
your example          cqp -I init.fl -r registry/ -D CORPUS_OL -f search.fl > results.txt
sets a local registry directory, but cwb-describe-corpus ran on the global registry.  If this
is from the original code (rather than a simplification), perhaps you've got a version of the
corpus without alignment in the local registry?  S.

_______________________

            andrés
chandía

NMT |
Dungupeyem | Corlexim

administrador de:
Parles.upf | Amind
terapia | ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Nocando | IAC
| CddZ | CatCg |
mail: ONG Mapuche koyaktu | Psicoaching |
P No imprima innecesariamente. ¡Cuide el medio ambiente!