[CWB] Error # 1290 when trying to build metadata from file

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Dec 2 20:54:52 CET 2018

Hmm, this is interesting. You are quite right that the correct thing to do is to disable secure_file_priv. I'm not sure why that didn't work for you. Did you restart the mysql daemon after changing the my.cnf file? The config file is only read at daemon startup.

I'll make sure to add a note on this to the manual along with all the other possible MySQL gotchas.