[CWB] Corpus installation problem

Graham Ranger -- UAPV graham.ranger at univ-avignon.fr
Mon Mar 11 19:23:05 CET 2019

Le 11/03/2019 à 18:21, Hardie, Andrew a écrit :

> Re>> I'm afraid I haven't kept the screenshot
>
> Maybe ask your technician to look for the URL in the http server
> access log? searching for any line(s) that contain “installCorpus”
> should do the trick.

I've forwarded the request to the tech, Andrew, thanks. If you tell me
where the log is, I can ssh into the machine and find the line(s) myself.

> RE>> though I'm getting "0" results for queries in some corpora
>
> Yes, the index data is /gone/. The corpora are not there. There’s just
> a record for each pointing at nothing.
>
> >> makes me think I might need to reinstall
>
> Definitely. There’s no way to reconstruct a lost index.

OK. Have done so and all is working.

> >>One possible clue to the reason behind all this, *might* lie in the
> fact that, in the corpus I was attempting to index, there was a
> trailing angle-bracket. I wonder whether this "<" might be responsible
> for throwing a spanner in the works
>
> This is unlikely – the error occurs before any files are opened. The
> error is more likely to have been triggered by the parameters you
> specified when you filled in the install-new-corpus form. If you run
> the SQL query I put in the last email in your MySQL client (or get
> your techie to do same!),
>
> *select * from corpus_info where corpus="**/handle_of_your_corpus/**"; *
>
> .. the (lengthy) result will contain /some/ of those parameters and I
> might be able to work backwards to the cause of the problem.

I tried this with the handles for the corpora I was trying to index when
all went haywire, but it was not found in the database.
Thanks for the help!
Best,
Graham.